Thursday, January 17, 2008

Easy and Low Points Recipe

Mexican Chicken

Chicken breasts
1-2 cups of salsa
1 can of corn

Throw it all in the crockpot on low for 7-8 hours. It was very yummy!!!

I know I am not supposed to look at the scales until after a week but I had to peak yesterday. I needed some good news for the day!! I lost 3lbs already. Yes, I know it is more water weight then anything but who cares!! I only care what the scales say!! I know I will be able to see a difference in my clothes shortly. I gotta start somewhere!!

We did have a little excitement last night. Landon did try to get his knees under him while lying on his belly. But after two tries he gave up and started rolling around to get where he wanted to go. I can't blame him, why mess up a good thing!! We had his appt yesterday at Children's Mercy in Kansas City. We do not know anything on the allergies yet. They could not do the skin tests on him because his eczema is so bad. So we had to do the blood tests once again. Then we will go from there. It sounds like it is going to be a long drawn out process!! UGH!! Why can't things me quick and easy? But they said that no matter what the results come back as that we need to keep him away from eggs until he is two and any kinds of nuts until he is four. Children with eczema as bad as his tend to have false positives or even negatives!! And they also tend to have reactions to eggs and nuts so it is better to delay introduction of those foods!! After the results come back next week then we will decide the next step. We may start eliminating foods one by one for a week or they may have him come back and offer him foods to see how he reacts. They are telling his PCM that he needs to be seen by a dermatologist. Maybe the clinic on base will listen to a professional since I am getting no where with them on that one. But they did give us lots of ideas to try on him. We now have to give him a 10 minute bath twice a day!! Only once we have to use soap. After his nighttime bath we have to apply his steroid cream, then his lotion, then damp his pajamas with warm weather and put them on, then put dry pajamas over his damp pajamas. This should be challenging. I will admit, we didn't do it last night. We were a bit worn out. But the doctor said it may be best to start it this weekend so we can do this all night and all day!! Whew, I am exhausted just thinking about it. But I will do anything to make my baby feel better. They couldn't believe how happy he was during his appt. He was in the best mood, so it made the appointment so much easier.

After getting lost for 30 minutes in Kansas City we are in the market for a GPS for the car!! Yikes, they are expensive. But with all the traveling we do, we know we will get our money out of it!! Allison, you may want to invest in one before you move to KC!!

OH , and please continue to pray for my Pap. I know you are asking what for and I am not giving any answers. I am just not ready to talk about it and there are not a lot of answers for the questions I will be asked. When we know more I will let everyone know!! THANKS for understanding!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Oh yes, we have a Tom Tom GPS. It's done a lot for us! :)

I'm going to try your recipe! Thanks! :)

Hope everything is ok with your pap. I'm assuming this is your grandpa? I lost my grandmother this spring and it was very hard. :(