Friday, February 29, 2008

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad it is the weekend!! It has been a week for the books and I am so drained physically and mentally!! Only one more week until Spring Break, one more week until spring break, one more week until spring break!! I have to keep telling myself that to keep going!!

Today I had a conference with Landon's providers at the CDC. After a child has been in the room for a month then they do a conference to let you know how they are doing, their accomplishment, their needs and our goals. His provider said that he talks more then any of the other children and there is a nineteen month in the room!! Some words we cannot understand but you can tell that he tries so hard to tell us what he wants or what he sees!! And that counts on his communication skills!! We laughed at how he eats adult sized portions at mean time. I kid you not. And I promise you, he is getting skinny. Maybe he is growing longer!! The only thing he is behind on is his gross motor skills. The lady from the university never sent me the paperwork for a referral to Children's Mercy Hospital for physical therapy!! So now we are trying to get in touch with Parents as Teachers. I know you are thinking that I am crazy and that he is fine. But a mom just knows when something isn't right. And I just feel it!! He still can't sit up from lying down and that is a skill that he should have mastered several months ago!! If nothing is wrong, then it isn't going to hurt to get him all the help that I can. If I didn't and let it wait until he was 18 months old and still not walking then we could discover that something could be wrong and treated a long time ago. Sometimes I really don't think that it is good to have a child development class and be a mom!! LOL!!

On a brighter note, the sun is out and it is warm here!! The first time in months!! I can't wait to pick the kids up and go on a walk. I think we could all use some sunshine!! And we can use Landon's wagon that he got for his birthday!! IT has been too cold to use it!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

No comments: