Thursday, February 21, 2008

Iced In

Seriously, spring cannot get her soon enough!! We woke up this morning to ice on the roads and more freezing rain to come then snow starting tonight. SIGH!!!! But the college actually delayed school until 10a.m. However with freezing rain coming we decided to stay home. I am only missing once class so I think it will be ok!! My class this afternoon was cancelled earlier in the week so I don't see much point taking the chances on the ice for one class!! Icy days like this really make me want a new vehicle. The Explorer does not do well on slick roads. Here is my dream new ride.

It is a Nissan Armada. My mom bought one last year. David got to drive it around while they were here a couple of weeks ago. I was already in love with it but now David has the fever!! However, I think that I want to wait at least another year before we trade in. I am not too excited about buying a new car on one income!! Although we will probably buy used!!!


The kids are enjoying staying home today. I made them pancakes and peaches. Well when I say that I made pancakes that could be a lie. I got the Aunt Jemima frozen mini pancakes out of the box and put them in the microwave. The kiddos love them and Landon is not very patient when he is hungry. In fact, the whole 50 seconds in the microwave he was screaming for them. He loves to eat. But I don't feel bad, it was still a healthy breakfast!!!


School has been so busy this week. But I did make a really cute game for my PE for Elem teachers class. I will take a picture of it soon. I was very proud of how it came out. I am not the most creative person!! I haven't taken any pictures since the eye ulcer!! I really haven't been on the computer much.


Yesterday David had a class he had to go to and when I got home from school he was already done for the day. So we decided to take advantage of the alone time and go to the grocery store. Romantic, yes I know!! But it was so nice going together with no kids. I don't think that has ever happened!!


Tyler's birthday is coming up next month. I am at a loss on what to get her or what to do for her birthday. David leaves the weekend before her birthday for Florida for a week. So we cannot do a party before her birthday and the weekend after he will be getting home and it is Easter weekend. So it looks like a party may be out of the question this year. I know, I know, I am a bad mother for not throwing my daughter a birthday party. But we have no family here, we really don't have anyone here to invite. But birthdays are a big deal in the house so we will do something and it will be a big deal. And she is spoiled so she will get lots of good presents!! Nannie and Aunt Courtney are wanting to come up sometime around her birthday. Finding a weekend is the question and we were wanting to meet them somewhere half way so they don't have to drive all the way here. Branson is too cold to do anything there right now. Seriously, when is it going to warm up!!


Well I guess that is enough rambling for one day. I really need to do laundry!! That never ends!!!!!

UPDATE: ALL CLASSES ARE CANCELLED FOR THE DAY!! THAT NEVER HAPPENS!! NOW I DON'T HAVE TO FEEL GUILTY FOR SKIPPING CLASS!!

UPDATE #2: THE BASE IS CLOSED DOWN!! YAY!! DAVID IS OFF WORK!!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

LOL..you've got to stop talking about this weather because I'm really not going to want to move there!