Monday, February 4, 2008

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Wow, I bet that title caught your attention!! I will start off with the bad and ugly first!! This afternoon we loaded up and headed to Sedalia, about a 20 minute drive, to Tyler's dance studio to pick her dance recital costumes. We get there to find out that the costumes were stolen. Yes, unfortunately you read right!! I am sure they are on EBay as I type this!! The police are trying to find leads but new costumes have been ordered and should be here by Thursday. Did I mention that the recital is on Saturday? We have dress rehearsal on Friday night!! I was very ticked when I heard this news. Then I had to explain this to my four year old. Tyler was with me when I got the news so the questions started coming. Poor Tyler was heartbroken. She could not understand why someone would steal her dance costume. Why do I have to teach my 4 year old a life lesson like this? After explaining to her what happened I told her that I was very sorry. Tyler looks at me and says, "Mommy it isn't your fault. It is the bad people's fault and the police will find them and lock them in a cage for a long time." Four year olds can be very perspective!!! But still, why did she have to learn this at the age four?

Now the good........
It is week 3 on Weight Watchers and I lost another 2lbs, which is a grand total of 7 pounds!!
So here is your recipe for the week:

Crockpot Mexican chicken(yes, I have posted a Crockpot chicken but this one is even better)

Chicken Breasts
1 package ranch dressing
1 package taco seasoning
1 large can of crushed tomatoes

Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Serve with brown rice or reduced fat tortillas!!

Weekend Update
Tyler and I went to see the Hannah Montana 3D move on Saturday. We had the best time!! Tyler was amazed at how everything was coming towards us. She said over and over, mommy this is the coolest!! At least for the hour I was mom of the year!! Then we did a little bit of shopping. Tyler isn't too big on shopping. I really cannot wait until she is a little older and doesn't mind shopping, but at the same time I love this age!! Then we met David and Landon in Warrensburg to buy Landon some new tennis shoes. Landon picked them out all by himself. Just what I need, another kid obsessed with shoes!! Luckily the pair he grabbed was on sale, he is my son after all, and they only had his size left!! I will try to get a picture up of him in his new Nikes. They are too cute on him. He looks like a big boy!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Sorry to hear about the costumes! That's awful! :(

Anonymous said...

I'm trying the chicken recipe tonight. I'm also finally getting excited - lost 3 lbs this week! I'm sure it's all water weight, but nevertheless, 3 lbs is 3 lbs! By the way, if you haven't tried the Baked Ziti yet, you must (if you like italian). I didn't put in all the seasoning - only oregano and substituted italian seasoning - yummy! Jeffrey loved it and we even ate the leftovers.