Sunday, February 17, 2008

ER Visit

We had a busy Saturday!! Tyler had her pictures made for dance class first thing in the morning. They turned out really cute and I cannot wait to get them back in!! Friday, when we picked the kids up from school, we noticed that Landon's eyes were a blanket of green gook. YUK. On Saturday the dr called him in some eyedrops. We went almost 2 hours to pick them up and they still weren't ready!! UGH!! We decided to go get the oil changed at Walmart. Why I ever suggested Walmart is beyond me. I just thought it would be easier to entertain the kids there then at Jiffy Lube. Almost 2 hours later we were back off to the pharmacy to pick up Lanodn's eyedrops. Twenty minutes later we finally got them. Now it is almost 2:00 and we are tired and ready to go home and relax and it was way past time for Landon's naptime. Tyler got a new dvd at Walmart and Landon was down for a nap so we decided to watch Superbad. (If you haven't seen it go rent it!! Well maybe only for the younger generation!! LOL!!) Not even 15 minutes into the movie my eye is in PAIN!! I took out my contact and tried to clean it out with no relief. I started to think it was pink eye but my eye got worse and worse. I was seriously lying on top of the stairs because it was the darkest spot in the house. Even in the dark I was crying because the pain was almost too much to take. David called the dr on call at the base and he said to get me to the ER. OH JOY! You can only imagine how fun going to the ER with two kids is. We get to the ER and almost everyone there has surgical masks on and looked like death. I am thinking to myslef, tell the kids not to breathe!! I was thinking that I would never get to be seen but as luck has it, an eye rates higher then the flu. Works for me!! I had an awesome doctor. He kept putting numbing drops in my eyes to help with the pain so I could open my eye for him to even be able to examine it. The drops didn't help too much but they finally worked just enough for me to get my eye open. He said I had a small scratch on the left side of my eye but he didnt' seem too conviced that the scratch was causing me so much pain. He even asked if gluacoma ran in my family. HELLO, I am 28, are you kidding me!! He called me in an antiobiotic and gave me more numbing drops which provided no relief. So he decided to call the opthamologist (I am sure I butchered the spelling) on call. They decided to call me in some pain meds. Almost 3 hours later I was released with my meds and told to go see a doctor on Monday for a better examination. Today I am still in pain but this afternoon I can finally open my eye!! I guess that is improvement. But my vision out of that eye is very cloudy. And the pain meds gave no relief!! Basically today I have been laid up in the bed all day long and bored to death!! Hopefully I can get some kind of meds to help heal my eye tomorrow. I really hope that it isn't anything more serious then a scratch!! The scene from Ray kept running through my head where he lost his vision. That is seriously how bad it hurt. I never knew how bright the lights at hospitals were. Luckily they kept the lights off in my room. David kept the kids in the waiting room. I felt so bad for the three of them. He said they were pretty good and a lady that was there with her husband kept Tyler enterained the whole time. I am saying a little prayer that they do not get sick after being in the waiting room for so long!!

UPDATE: My mom just called and she has the Mayo Clinic book. I promise it is her bible!! She found in there a corneal injury that had all the symptoms that I have. Looks like in a couple of days I will be back to normal!! As sad as it sounds, I would welcome no sunshine until I am back to normal!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

ugh, er visits always suck. I'm sorry to hear this! :(

Amber said...

oh wow! that's crazy!!!

Hope it gets better! :)