Friday, December 7, 2007

One semester down, WELL ALMOST!!

Well I am done with classes. Next week is finals and then it is Christmas Break!! YAY!! I cannot wait for a break!!! Going back to school after being our for four years was definitely a challenge but it has all been worth it!! I know that teaching is what I want to do and I cannot wait for next semester to really get more in depth in my education courses.

The end of the semester also means that I had to say goodbye to my second grade class that I observed this semester. Yesterday was my last day. I became really attached to the class and it will be so hard not to go back next semester. I learned so much from my teacher and the students!! The teacher had the students sit in a circle and same one thing that they would miss about me. It was all I could do to hold back the tears!! I hope that when I start teaching that I have a class as awesome as they are!! The good part about this is that I will still see so many of the students, many of them live in my neighborhood!! David cannot get used to hearing Mrs. Pierce when we see one of the students on base!!

Today is also Tyler's last day at the old cdc building. They start the new center on Monday. They were having an open house last night but it got canceled due to ice and snow. It was a nasty day. However, it was rescheduled for tonight. Tyler and I cannot wait to check out the new center. Her providers told me that it is really nice. After working at the cdc at Hill for almost 3 years it will be really neat to see what a brand new center with all new furniture looks like!! Landon still doesn't have a spot at the CDC yet. They may open a new baby room in February but Landon will be one then so it won't help us out any. Once he turns one then he starts all over on the one year waiting list. We have pretty much given up on him getting into the cdc. AT this point I just hope he is in the CDC before Tyler starts kindergarten. The new CDC is across the street from the Elementary school so that would be very convenient for me!!!

Well I will wrap this up. I have been so busy with school lately that I haven't been able to post anything. Once finals are over I will get some pictures posted. I have lots of pics on my camera that I need to download. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

No comments: