Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring Break Rocks

Wow, have we been busy or what!! This week is spring break for me!! I am loving it and I swear that my husband secretly doesn't want me to go back to school!! He is enjoying the stress free me!! But I went crazy staying home with nothing to do over Christmas break so he can keep dreaming!!

Sunday we decided to go to the mall in Independence. We had a good time but David wasn't feeling well so we didn't stay too long. Just long enough to spoil the kids. We went to the Disney Store. Landon loves the plush characters there and he about dove into them. He fell in love with Pooh. Not many people know this, but I am so not the pooh person!!! I am serious!! My mom was quick to remind me that I was so not the pink person either and Tyler's fav color is pink. My kids are working against me!! So Landon is hugging on Pooh and I am trying to show him other characters like one of the puppies from 101 Dalmatians. He would just throw them on the floor. So I gave up. But he was soooooooooooooooooo cute with that pooh bear. He would give it kisses and hug him and lie his head on him. I was so upset that I didn't have my camera with me. And no, I still haven't taken pictures of him with his Pooh bear. Note to the grandparents reading this post: DO NOT RUSH OUT AND BUY CLOTHES WITH POOH ON IT!! I BEG YOU!!!!

On Monday I kept both of the kids home with me. Landon had an appointment with Parents as Teachers to observe his lack of gross motor skills. She has contacted a nurse but she still hasn't heard back from the nurse. Please say a prayer for our little man. It could be something very little or something major. We have no clue at this point and David and I are very worried about our little man!!!

Yesterday David stayed home sick. He has been fighting the stomach virus. The poor guy has been sick for the past 2 weeks. And he is leaving for Florida on Friday. Hopefully he gets to feeling better soon!! He said he was better today when he woke up!! Other then that I have been doing lots of spring cleaning. You can't really tell by looking at my house. I tell David that you have to make a mess to clean up a mess. In other words, I am getting rid of lots of junk so the house may look a little disorganized at the moment. But today it should be back to normal!!!

We are really looking forward to the weekend!! My mom, sister and Brandy (Matt's girlfriend) are coming up to visit. We are doing a little party on Friday night and David is grilling burgers. Shortly after the party, David leaves to spend the night in Kansas City. They leave for Florida early on Saturday morning. Then Saturday we are all going shopping!! I am so excited. I am going to get the kiddos some clothes for spring. I have spring fever and we are supposed to see the 70s today so the fever is in overdrive!! Hopefully I can find things to decorate our blah white walls!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I heart spring break.... i can't wait! Mine is next week!! woohoo!