Wednesday, October 17, 2007

That was a close one!!

Let me paint the picture for you. We are in Warrensburg, fifteen minutes from the base, on our way back to the base to pick up Tyler from the CDC. We are flipping through the radio stations when we hear Johnson County, yes that is us, take immediate cover!! David and I look at each other and say oh crap!! So we made it to the base in record time. When we hand the SO our ids he tells us that we are in a tornado warning and to take immediate cover. Three seconds later the alarms start going off. I run into the CDC to pick up Tyler and they said that we cannot leave so I call David so he and Landon can come inside. We are in the halls with about 30 preschoolers. Talk about some good fun!! Not long after we get to the CDC the skies turn black!! Yes, we forgot what tornado weather is all about!! We were at the CDC for 4o minutes before we were cleared to go. The tornado touched town just southwest of Warrensburg. WE barely missed it. We heard on the news that one touched down in Warrensburg also and a tree was uprooted. Thankfully it didn't land on any buildings and there were no injuries!! Luckily we just had a test run. But you can bet that everything we need is now in our storm shelter so we will be ready for the next test run!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How crazy is that! I'm glad you all are okay! I seen all the warnings last night and this morning for around there. We are supposed to have storms tonight or tomorrow and I think it is the same system that rolled through there. I just hope I'm at home and not at the death trap of a center, lol.

You guys have a storm shelter?