Monday, September 10, 2007

Trying out the BLOG WORLD!!

Okay, I have been wanting to get into this blogging for awhile now. However, finding a blog host that was easy enough to understand or free was another obstacle. So bare with me because this is all new to me. I am hoping to keep this updated at least weekly. Hopefully I will be able to figure out how to post pics on here also.

School for me is getting really busy. It is one paper after another!! But I am loving it. I just started my second week doing my field experience with my second grade class. I love it!! I go to the school twice a week. Today was my third time and I am already learning so much!! I have been placed with an awesome teacher so that is a relief!! It is funny what all a second grader will tell you about their parents. Remind me not to give Tyler too much info on David and I or let her overhear us having a private conversation. NO, I am not hearing *** talks but I might as well!! Second grade is a fun age and I am really enjoying it. I am also at the school that Tyler will start kindergarten at next year. That makes it even more interesting getting a sneak peak of what she will go through next year.

Tyler is loving her dance class. They are having their first recital in January or February. We got a sneak peak of possible costumes last week. I cannot wait!! Tyler just soaks up everything in that class. I am so happy we have found something for her that she enjoys so much. It is really becoming a passion for her and I hope it continues in the years to come.

Landon is really starting to do a lot more. He is sitting up better and better every day. He is even holding his bottle, Thanks MOM!! I must confess that my mom got him to FINALLY achieve this milestone. But what can I say, they always do something for someone else other then mom or dad!! We are still discovering more foods that he is allergic to. Last week he broke out in hives. I couldn't figure out what was causing this new set of hives. I was reading a book on peanut allergies, THE PEANUT ALLERGY ANSWER BOOK (I believe that is the title, a must read for anyone w/ severe allergies) and it turns out that peas and green beans are in the same legume family as peanuts. Most people can be allergic to peanuts but not have a reaction to green beans or peas. You notice that I say MOST!! Not the case for our poor Landon. So this week we are starting all over on introducing foods to him. One veggie for 3 days until we know for sure what he can have or cannot have. It was hard to tell before because his eczema was so bad, due to being allergic to his formula, that we couldn't tell a difference when we introduced foods. So this has all been a learning experience. The pediatrics office on base knows Landon by name when we walk in!! OUR POOR BABY!! But hey, it could be worse!! But thank God for this book. I am really learning a lot from it. Although I am having a hard time reading it in between all my school work.

David is David!! Just going to work and then playing mom when he gets home. I feel so bad because many nights he comes home from work and cooks, bathes the kids and anything else that needs to be done. But he doesn't seem to mind. He tells me that it is his payback for all the deployments and TDYs. I don't call it payback but at least a little insight on what I do go through!!

I guess this is all of what we have been up to. I will try to get pics and Tyler's Calling the Hogs video up soon!! It may be the end of the week, school is busy this week with speeches, research and tests. SAY A LITTLE PRAYER!! It was so slow and now it has all piled up in one week!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are enjoying the second grade classroom. I enjoyed that age level too. Guess that's why I stayed in it for so many years.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates on each of you. Look forward to the pictures. Keep the info coming. This enables us to watch all of you grow up!