Wednesday, September 12, 2007

There are still good people out there....

I have been having allergy problems for the last three weeks. This morning it was all I could do to stay awake. Before I went to class I decided to buy a coke from the vending machine. I had exactly one dollar. So I put my dollar in and go to push coke. To my surprise it was a coke machine with no cokes. It only sold those nasty energy drinks!! UGH!! And they were $2. So I started hitting the button trying to get my change back. NO LUCK!! I guess I was banging on the machine pretty hard when another student stopped and handed me a dollar. I looked at him a bit confused. He was a foreign exchange student and I could tell he couldn't speak a lot of English. I told him that was okay he could keep his dollar, but he insisted that I take it. Of course I thanked him over and over again and he smiled and walked off. I couldn't believe that he handed a total stranger a dollar bill. I guess I looked like I really needed that caffeine. Which is funny because I am not a big coke person!! So then I thought about the movie pay it forward or that new commercial, I forget what it is advertising (insurance I think). I never got my dollar bill back so I guess the next person was very lucky to get their energy drink at half price!! I hope to pay back his kindness to someone I see having a rough day!! I hope you will do the same!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a good principle and does work! Everything comes full circle, and it is nice to do something for someone each day that they cannot possibly repay you for. That makes them want to do for others, thus the circle of goodness and grace. You go, girl!

Anonymous said...

"Pay It Forward" is one of my very favorite movies. It is a guide to life that we should all try to follow. As they say "what goes around comes around". And never judge a person by how they look - but how they act.