Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Allergies, Please Help

Against my better judgement, I am posting pictures of Landon. Yesterday I got a call from daycare and said that he had broken out in hives. I rushed him to the clinic to hear the nurse tell me to hive him Benadryl. Yes, I know that!! Before you see the pictures, let me give lil man's history. Around 3 months old, Landon started suffering from eczema. We were stationed in Utah at the time. When Landon was 5 months old, we moved to Missouri. His eczema got much worse. At 7 months old, Landon broke out in hives for the first time. The next day we saw an allergist and he was tested for milk, soy, eggs, wheat, and peanut allergies. The tests came back that he was allergic to milk, eggs, and peanuts. When he turned one, he was tested for the same allergens again and it came back that he was just allergic to eggs and peanuts. We have been faithful to keeping him away from these two foods. We have accidentally given him eggs (foods that we had no clue had eggs in them) and he broke out. But he has never been exposted to any kinds of nuts. However, the doctors say that his eczmea should be clear. I fear that he has more allergies but they doctors only test him for the same allergens. And our peditrician has been trying to get him into dermatology at the children's hospital here with no luck. Our poor little guy is miserable and it seems like we are getting no where in getting help. Below are the pictures that I took just this morning, he broke out yesterday afternoon.





Doesn't he look miserable?!

This morning, my mom called and was telling me about a segment that Joan Early did on children with severe allergies and eczema. However, they haven't posted the story on their website yet. I am wanting to send Joan Early an email but their emails are not posted on the website and you can only seen a 1000 character email on the website! If anyone has any info how to get in touch with her I would appreciate it. We just want to get our boy itch and allergry free. If you know anyone who suffers from allergies and eczema like this please pass my blog along to them and have them contact me!! THANK YOU!!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Sorry, I'm no help...But I just had to say, poor baby, he does look so miserable. :(
BTW, I met an allergist that worked at childrens - but I don't remember his name.

spewdfree said...

Hi,
My son is allergic to soy, peanuts, eggs, wheat and dairy. I started a website www.spewdfree.com to help others who suffer from food allergies. SPEWD Free has allergy friendly recipes and a food allergy blog. I hope it helps a little.
Thanks,
Heather