Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful mothers. I hope you have a day full of pampering and the whole nine yards!! I got to celebrate the wonderful day early. On Friday, I was invited for a special Mother's Day snack with Tyler at her school. They made cookies with sprinkles, what more could a girl ask for, and made lots of treats. She wrote a poem that I am going to add at the end of this post and they made us mom's some beautiful bath beads. David has to work today so we celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday. David and the kids got me a pot of daisies (my favorite), a bamboo plant, and another small green plant that Tyler just had to buy!! I love all my plants!!! Then Tyler wanted to make me a cake for Mother's Day so we went and bought the stuff and we had a blast baking the cake together. Tyler put the icing on all by herself and topped it off with a #5 candle. She was dying to buy a candle for the cake so we got the 5 since I have been a mother for 5 years!! WOW!!!!!!! We wanted to hang out outside yesterday but we had bad storms so we were stuck in for most part of the day. Thankfully we didn't get hit by all the tornadoes!!

Last week was a crazy week!! I still haven't got caught up on sleep!! But finals are over and I am still waiting on 2 of my grades!! I am so impatient when it comes to finding out my grades!! But what can I do!! David was off on Friday since he has to work today!! We had a great morning, just the two of us!! We went out to eat breakfast, went to a few shops that I have always wanted to go to and David scheduled me an appt to get my windows tinted on my car!! YAY!!!!!!! I am so excited about that!! Tomorrow summer school starts!! Wow, what a break. But I am excited about my Methods of Reading class. We go out to one of the elementary schools in Warrensburg and work with the students on their reading!! I really missed not being in the schools last semester!! But from here on out, I will constantly be in the schools!! Very Exciting!!

Well here is Tyler's poem that I was talking about. I am going to add some comments so you will understand how funny this poem is!!!!

My Great Mom

My Mommy is 1 year old (plus 27 years)
She weighs 3lbs (we won't go there) and is 6 ft tall (I wish!!)
She has brown hair and blue eyes (this one is actually dead on!!)
My mommy loves to relax by sitting in the rocking chair. (We don't have a rocking chair but I have been begging David for rocking chairs for the front porch!!)
She loves to cook spaghetti. (this is Tyler's favorite meal.)
My mom's favorite chore is cleaning the floors. (Uhm not so much!!)
Her favorite show is all the shows on the TV (actually I don't watch that much and my fav is Grey's but that is past her bedtime!!) and her favorite song is the Falling in Love song (Tyler loves Clumsy by Fergie, this is the falling in love song!!)
My mom always says to have fun. (I do tell her this every morning when I drop her off!!)
It makes my mom really happy when I give her hugs. (AMEN SISTA!!)
When my mom goes shopping she always wants to buy toys for me. (WANTS?!)
If my mommy could go on a trip she would go to the zoo and take me too. (We are planning a trip to the zoo in St Louis this summer!!)
I really love it when Mom gives me kisses.
She's the best. Happy Mother's Day!!
Love Tyler

No comments: